City of Gosnells
YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION:
2015 – 2016
Mills Park is a 24Ha recreational space with high levels of sport and passive recreation use. It has significant environmental areas where the Woodlupine and Yule Brooks meet, as well as wetlands and native bush areas.
The Mills Park Master Plan was developed to create a community hub to increase sporting, leisure and social opportunities for the community whilst preserving and celebrating the parks natural assets.
The redevelopment included new sports buildings, expanded green areas, increased car parking, improved irrigation, rehabilitation of the wetlands and waterways, a significant ‘nature play’ playground, piazza and youth space.
The redevelopment was delivered under two works packages with Ertech completing Works Package 1.
The scope of works included:
- Reconstruction of the cricket and AFL ovals and associated civil works;
- Installation of kiosk buildings to service the ovals;
- Installation of synthetic soccer pitches (FIFA 1 Star System);
- Installation of tennis courts;
- Construction of a nature play area;
- Construction of a skate park;
- Construction of two bridges across Woodlupine Brook;
- Construction of Water Corporation stormwater drain;
- Soft and hard landscaping work;
- Installation of sports pitch lighting, car park lighting and pathway lighting;
- All temporary works necessary for the completion of the works.
The Project was broken down into three key areas; Mills 1, Mills 2 and Mills 3. Mills 1 is utilised for AFL, Mills 2 for cricket and Mills 3 for soccer, skateboarding and houses the children’s play area.