Ertech undertook road infrastructure works at HMAS Stirling on Garden Island which included refurbishment and upgrade of the existing internal road network, installation of new hardstand areas and creation of new carpark areas including street lighting and footpaths.
The works took place over several areas including the Explosive Ordnance Area, Opolu Road, Gilbert Point Road, Hamelin Road South, Hamelin Road North and Karangi Loop Hardstand.
The scope of works included:
- Profiling the roads on the north of the island in the Explosive Ordnance Area before applying a track coat and 30mm thick dense grade asphalt;
- Profiling Opolu Road before applying a track coat and 30mm thick dense grade asphalt;
- Construction of a carpark outside the entrance to the torpedo maintenance facility;
- Profiling Gilbert Point Road plus installation of stone pitching to prevent scouring;
- Construction of another carpark between the Shipwrights Building, the Weapons Simulator Systems Building and the Gunnery Department building;
- Construction of a large carpark near Hamelin Road North;
- Construction of a hardstand at Karangi Loop for laydown.
“Ertech’s Health & Safety Management Plan, Site Management Plan and Quality Management Plan were of the highest standard we have come across to date.” – Augility.