YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION:
2016 – 2017
Ertech were awarded the contract by Melbourne Water to upgrade the existing facility and divide the reservoir into two relatively equal sizes. New pipework and valves were also installed to provide additional control to the new facility.
The scope of works included:
- Demolition of existing structures and removal of lining system;
- Supply and install fill material to divide the existing reservoir into 2no. basins of 140MI and 180MI respectively;
- Installation of mild steel cement lined (MSCL) and 316 Stainless Steel Schedule 10 pipework and associated fittings;
- Construction of new in-situ (up to 8m high) and precast concrete structures of both a water retaining and excluding nature;
- Supply and installation of a multi-layer lining system and floating cover to both basins with a surface area of 28,600m2 and 32,800m2 respectively.