Pilbara Clearwater Alliance
South Hedland, WA
YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION:
2012 – 2013
Ertech was contracted by the Pilbara Clearwater Alliance to upgrade the South Hedland Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Previously the recycled water was used in Port Hedland and South Hedland to irrigate the golf course, turf club and various town ovals. Upon completion of the works, the plant now has the capacity to produce 6 million litres of treated water for re-use per day, to be supplied for industrial processes, dust supression, materials handling and road construction.
The initial and subsequent contracts involved the supply of all plant, labour and materials to carry out:
- General site works;
- Construction and lining of anaerobic ponds and sludge drying beds;
- Inlet works;
- Concrete works;
- Hydrostatic testing of pressure lines;
- Detailed excavation for the concrete bases from surface level;
- Pouring and finishing of concrete base and walls;
- Installation of pipe and conduit inserts in the concrete slabs.