Tom Price, WA
YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION:
2011 – 2012
The Marandoo iron ore mine is situated 35km east of Tom Price in Western Australia. It is located adjacent to the Karijini National Park and is one of the 12 mines operated by Rio Tinto in the Pilbara region.
Ertech was contracted by Rio Tinto to install and commission a dewatering pipeline system at the Marandoo mine site.
The scope of works included:
- Dewatering borefield – including 27 bore pumps, risers, headworks and earthworks and pads;
- Dewatering borefield pipeline – including installation of 9,580 DN1000 MSCL manifold pipeline and the associated construction including trenching, bedding, backfill and ancillary civil works;
- Transfer pump station and tank – including design and construction of 2.5ML transfer tank and the associated mechanical works;
- Construction of earthworks and concrete supporting infrastructure;
- Transfer pipeline – including installation of 23,580m DN1000 MSCL pipeline and the associated construction – trenching, bedding, backfill and ancillary civil works including tunneling beneath rail and road crossings;
- Booster pump station – installation of pumps, valves and pipework and the associated construction including earthworks and concrete supporting infrastructure;
- Southern Fortescue borefield – installation of headworks for new bore, modification of existing bore headworks, removal and reinstatement of existing pumps.