YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION:
2017 – 2019
Ertech were contracted to design and construct 18no. bridges to replace existing bridges along the West Moreton Line. The work was performed under a live rail environment for the substructure and under a Track Shutdown Weekend for hte superstructure.
The scope of works included:
- Geotechnical investigations;
- Design analysis and documentation, including Hydraulics, Geotechnical, Structural, Civil, Environmental & Planning;
- Access tracks/pads and environmental controls;
- Driven piling and site welding during live rail conditions;
- Structural steel fabrication;
- Installation of steel headstocks during live rail conditions;
- Construction of cast insitu base slabs and piers;
- Fabrication of precast relieving slabs;
- Demolition of existing timber bridges;
- Installation of structural steel superstructure, timber transoms and walkways/handrail.