Brisbane City Council
YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION:
2017 – 2018
The Progress Road Upgrade included the upgrading of Progress Road between Boundary Road and the Centenary Highway in Wacol to improve safety, increase flood immunity and increase traffic capacity to cater for future traffic growth.
The scope of works included:
- Widening Progress Road from two/three lanes to a five lane carriageway, including central median;
- Signalised intersection to access Komatsu Australia’s facilities;
- Construction of dedicated on road cycle lanes in both east and westbound directions;
- Construction of dedicated off road shared pedestrian/cyclist path on the northern verge;
- Replacement of the existing culvert crossing with a twin bridge structure designed to Q100 flood immunity at Bullockhead Creek;
- Landscaping, revegetation, levelling and turfing of open spaces;
- Signage and linemarking;
- Co-ordination of PUP works.