YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION:
2013 – 2018
Unable to disclose
The Chevron-operated Wheatstone project is located at Ashburton north, 12km west of Onslow in WA. The Wheatstone project consists of two lNG trains with a combined capacity of 8.9 million tonnes per annum and a domestic gas plant.
Ertech has been awarded several contracts to perform civil construction works since 2013 including general site services, roadworks and earthworks.
Construction Village – Building, Utilities, Roadworks and Earthworks
Road and earthworks services to the 3,800 bed camp including:
- Supply and installation of signage and line marking;
- Supply and installation of bollards and metal guardrails;
- Installation of footpaths and pram ramps.
General Services 3 Contract
Piping works, concrete works and miscellaneous works including:
- All permanent underground plant piping and cathodic protection;
- Marine outfall pipeline and main utility infrastructure pipeline corridor;
- Trains 1, 2 underground fire mains & common corridor flushing and drying;
- DOMGAS Metering Station / Domestic Gas Temporary Fire & Gas Detection System;
- Installation and turnover of underground fuel gas line.
- Storm water catch basins & culverts ; quarantine fencing footings; fire hydrant platforms; duct bank road crossings; and CCTV & light pole footings.
- Installation and maintenance of temporary building, fencing for site boundaries and borrow pits; traffic signage, road side delineators and maintenance of road markings;
- Maintenance of generator, fire extinguisher and lighting plant equipment; all temporary substations and construction power network;
- General carpentry works – fabricating access stairways, tables, desks and shelving;
- General earthworks – civil support for electrical works and general road maintenance;
- Electrical works – installations for all facilities supporting site construction activities; LOTO isolations;
- Eradication of mesquite and vector rodent and insect control site wide;
- Site dewatering/clean up after cyclones/rain events;
- Sampling and testing of potable water site wide;
- Traffic management to assist with module movements;
- Warehouse construction;
- Water treatment plant upgrades.
Operation and Maintenance Works:
- Assets providing drinking water, construction water and wastewater treatment and operation;
- Desalination plants – capable of producing 6M L of fresh water per day;
- Remineralisation plants – capable of making 2M L of desalinated water to drinking water;
- Wastewater treatment plants – capable of treating 1.5M L of wastewater produced at construction camps;
- Wastewater discharge outfall pipeline – disposal of 8M L per day of brine and treated wastewater;
- Servicing and emergency maintenance of facilities that contain water chillers and ice machines;
- Supply of water and ice to concrete batch plant;
- Build, operate and maintain fuel farms.
Miscellaneous Site Services
Miscellaneous site works, project management and services coordination including:
- Planning, executing, monitoring and controlling construction activities;
- Supply of plant and people resources to meet schedule;
- Management of subcontractors and procurement.
Removal of Temporary Roads
Rehabilitation works to remove temporary roads including:
- Safe excavation of approximately 240,000 cubic metres of general and granular fill materials, rock protection batter, base and sub-base materials;
- Transport of the excavated materials to designated locations in the vicinity and placing in segregated stockpiles;
- Removal and disposal off-site of geotextile, geo-web and HDPE culverts.