YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION:
Ertech’s was engaged on this contract for the decommissioning and rehabilitation of the Gap Ridge Village (GVR) camp site in Karratha, which consisted of 2,685 rooms and the associated above- and below-ground facilities and services.
The scope of works included:
- Removal and recycling of 66,000 tonnes of concrete;
- Removal and recycling of 16,000 tonnes of asphalt;
- Removal and recycling of 700 tonnes of steel;
- Removal of 30km of underground services;
- Where possible recycle and / or dispose of materials through the Karratha waste management facility;
- Rehabilitation of 60Ha with lateritic gravel;
- Provision of technical support and personnel prior to launch to assist Woodside in detailed operations planning.