Wollongong City Council
YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION:
2017 – 2018
Wollongong City Council required the installation of a new Tramway Seawall and replacement of the shared path connecting North Beach and Belmore Basin along Cliff Road on The Blue Mile.
The works were to replace the existing stone seawall which had failed in a number of places leading to erosion and undermining of the shared pathway as well as upgrading the existing path to a higher urban design level.
The scope of works for the first project included:
- Upgrade existing shared pathway following the original tramline;
- Construction of a new seawall adjacent to the existing seawall using large, precast concrete panels;
- Installation of extensive temporary works to provide access to tidal zone;
- Remediation works to existing infrastructure;
- Construction of new observation / sitting areas along the path for passive recreation;
- Replacement of existing fence on the eastern side of pathway;
- Installation of new kerb, gutter and extensive footpaths and cycleway to a high urban design specification;
- Provision of new lighting, conduits to the continental pools and underground electrical and stormwater infrastructure;
- Associated landscaping and site stabilisation works.