Department of Treasury – Government of WA
YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION:
The Ertech Keller Joint Venture (EKJV) was formed to prepare key areas of the new Perth Stadium Project site in advance of the construction of the new stadium, now Optus Stadium.
The works consisted of earthworks preparation, ground improvement installation, surcharge and extensive monitoring of the external areas around the proposed stadium.
The scope of works included:
- Site clearance, fencing and onsite access roads;
- Provision of 6 web cameras to monitor the project through to completion of the stadium;
- Construction of a new access road to the Burswood Golf Complex;
- Establish and set up primary survey network for the site;
- Undertake dilapidation surveys on adjacent infrastructure and buildings;
- Monitoring, recording and analysis of noise and vibration during the construction works;
- Monitoring and recording of movement on adjacent roads, structures and infrastructure;
- Installation of air quality monitoring systems and weather station;
- Monitoring and recording of asbestos and dust, groundwater and stormwater and ground gases;
- Filling to existing lakes and construction of earthworks platforms for geotechnical processes;
- Installation of piezometers, inclinometers, settlement monitors and extensometers for the monitoring of the earthworks design;
- Installation of 60,000 wick drains up to 32m in length through uncontrolled landfill with depths up to 10m;
- Treatment of 100,000m2 of uncontrolled fill;
- Design and installation of groundwater abstraction and treatment system for the treatment of contaminated groundwater produced during the consolidation of the treated soils;
- Placing, conditioning and compaction of 400,000m3 of earthworks materials;
- Monitoring, recording and analysis of geotechnical parameters and settlement during the consolidation period up to practical completion.