This project comprised the maintenance and repair of over 40kms of gravel roads, construction of 6.9km of new embankment and road surfacing and concrete causeways at the Shoalwater Bay Training Area.
scope of works
The scope of works included:
- Quarry operations to produce re-sheet material and capping;
- Road maintenance (re-grading & re-sheeting) various sections;
- Flood proofing of a section of the Brown Route;
- Bulk earthworks;
- Drainage works (the installation of new and the cleaning out of the existing);
- Construction of rock filled concrete inverts;
- Construction of concrete causeways;
- Traffic furniture (signage, guide posts and flood depth markers).