Ertech and joint venture partner Duratec, were awarded the contract to construct a 107 degree extension to the Armament Wharf at HMAS Stirling on Garden Island off the coast of Perth in Western Australia.
The scope of works includes:
- A 156m long by 25m wide cast in-situ flat concrete wharf deck on a tubular steel pile wharf with local widening to 33m at the northern end of the wharf deck to facilitate vehicle U-turns;
- One berthing dolphin;
- Two mooring dolphins at the northern end with access via steel walkways;
- Cathodic protection;
- Demolition of existing dolphin and catwalk;
- Dredging of navigational waters in the vicinity of the Armament Wharf extension;
- Construction of wharf services on the Armament Wharf extension including the supply and installation of:
- Firefighting, potable water and electrical (lighting) mains along the extent of the wharf;
- Security systems across the new and existing wharf; and
- Upgrades to the existing information and communication technology;
- Provision and installation of wharf furniture for the extension.
“Congratulations for completing the wet commissioning. Not only that it stands testament for the collaborative effort between the project teams and stakeholders, but it demonstrates that the contractor can successfully meet stakeholders’ requirements.” – Fuel Services Branch, Department of Defence.