Saracen Gold Mines required a new aerodrome and insfrastructure approximately 4km’s south-west of the Carosue Gold Mine to improve access to the mine.
scope of works
The scope of works included:
- 32Ha of clearing and 200,000m3 bulk earthworks (cut and fill);
- 85,000m2 of pavement construction of runway, taxiway and apron, including cement stabilised sub-base and crushing of waste rock for base course;
- Three-coat bitumen spray seal to pavement;
- PAPI lighting, line marking, solar powered windstock and visual aids;
- Perimeter fencing including rabbit-proofing and gates.