Ertech undertook the design and construction of airside and landside civil and services infrastructure at the Busselton Margaret River Airport to assist the City of Busselton in driving economic and social growth of the South-West region in Western Australia.
The scope of works for the airside infrastructure included:
- Construction of more than 290,000m2 of new or upgraded pavements;
- Detailed pavement, drainage and aircraft lighting design;
- Extension of the current runway length and width;
- Construction of new taxiways to new apron areas;
- Construction of new apron areas;
- Installation of all runway lighting and floodlighting.
The scope of works for the landside infrastructure included:
- Vasse Highway and Neville Hyder Drive intersection upgrade;
- Neville Hyder Drive upgrade;
- Internal access roads with street lighting;
- Short and and long-term parking areas;
- Code 3 General Aviation Precinct access roads;
- Utility services to buildings;
- Soft and hard landscaping.
“Ertech provide confidence in a high risk environment.” – City of Busselton